Thursday, August 18, 2011

kitchen table

i had a wonderful visit with my family this last week. it was sad to put them on a plane yesterday. i love getting to show off the bay area - there are so many things to see and do. visitors are always amazed at the varied landscape, architecture and neighborhood flavor in the city.
my favorite activity centered around the new kitchen table. sos & my dad helped me to attach the legs to the top, an old hatch off a liberty ship - it had been waiting for a some time to reach completion & it was amazing to use it for the first time with my family gathered around it. 
in most of the photos it hasnt been oiled yet, but the photo above shows the top after i applied some mineral oil. the wood is so smooth it feels delicious. 



the first meal: its the very start of crab season so i paired fresh cracked crab with fresh corn and a french potato salad & a crisp buttery chardonnay. its simple and easy but such fun- it makes for a lively table.


1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful table and beautiful spread. I imagine the most wonderful, intimate conversations and the best kind of entertaining happen here!

    ReplyDelete